University Women's Club Student Assistance Fund
The UW University Women’s Club is pleased to offer scholarships of up to $1500 to assist non-traditional female students. The scholarships may be used by full-time or part-time students pursuing either undergraduate or graduate studies. Scholarship recipients will be guests of honor at the annual fall University Women’s Club Luncheon.
Please read through this application carefully to verify that you meet the eligibility criteria and that you have included all the required information.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Applicants must be female students and must complete a University Women’s Club application.** Successful applicants will be non-traditional (25+ years old; working on a Masters or Doctoral degree; married; a parent; responsible for dependents; a ward/dependent of the court; a US Armed Forces Veteran; a child of deceased parents) female students.
2. The scholarship committee will meet in the spring to determine the number and amount of scholarships to be awarded for the coming year with a maximum amount of $1500 for any one scholarship. The number and amount will vary depending on availability of funds and applicant qualifications.
3. Recipients will be notified in the spring. Funds will be disbursed in two installments, one each for the fall and spring semesters. The scholarship is non-renewable.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
1. Financial need, as determined by: a) the FAFSA and information in the Personal Statement, b) number and age(s) of dependent, c) financial resources, and by d) information in Financial Aid Forms.
2. Potential for successfully meeting educational goals, as determined by: a) grade point average, b) evidence of progress toward degree completion c) information in the Personal Statement, and d) writing ability, judged by the Personal Statement.
3. Educational and career goals, as determined from the Personal Statement.
Recipients shall be selected by the Scholarship Committee of the University Women’s Club. Preference will be given to those who have not received funds in the past from this scholarship. If you have any questions about this application or scholarship, please contact Shantel Anderson, UW Women’s Club Scholarship Chair, at email@example.com.