Kickstart Wyoming's Tomorrow Scholarship
Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship is a new state-funded scholarship program for adults enrolling at one of Wyoming’s eight community colleges, or the University of Wyoming, to pursue a degree or certificate. You can receive up to $1,800 per semester if enrolled in 12 credit hours or more, for up to four full-time academic terms. Selected students enrolled in less than 12 credit hours will still be eligible to receive the award at a prorated amount for no more than a total of $7,200 over the course of their program.
You are eligible if:
- You’ve been a Wyoming resident for no less than one (1) year immediately preceding application or not less than a total of three (3) years at any time prior to application;
- You’re twenty-four (24) years of age or older when you begin school;
- You’ve completed and filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year for which you are applying for a scholarship;
- Have unmet financial need as determined by the FAFSA;
- You agree to register with the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services by completing a new account registration at wyomingatwork.com.
You may not be eligible if:
- You are currently receiving a scholarship under the Hathaway Scholarship program;
- Are not a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien who meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under federal Title IV requirements, or requirements of a subsequent similar federal enactment;
- Owe a refund under a federal Title IV student financial aid program, or a subsequently enacted similar federal student financial aid program, or a student financial aid program administered through the state;
- Are incarcerated; or
- Previously received a scholarship under this scholarship program of four (4) full-time academic terms or a total of seven thousand two hundred dollars ($7,200) in scholarships for unmet financial need.
Continuing eligibility requirements:
- Make satisfactory academic progress (SAP) toward a degree or certificate;
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 (evaluated at end of spring);
- Meet other criteria as established by UW to ensure the student earns a degree or certificate in a timely manner;
- Continuous enrollment for not less than 2 academic terms in each successive academic year.
Continuous enrollment will be defined as enrolling both Fall and Spring academic terms. Summer awarding is an available semester upon request. A continuous enrollment waiver for military service, religious service, and other good cause may be granted with provided documentation.
Please note: The awards are subject to available funding through the State of Wyoming. Qualifying for a Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship does not automatically qualify a student for admission to UW.
- Up to $3,600 per academic year
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Supplemental Questions
- Which academic term are you applying to initially receive this scholarship for?
- Department of Workforce Services Attestation
- I agree to register, or have previously registered, for an account on the Department of Workforce Services wyomingatwork.com system.
- I agree to review, or have previously reviewed, information regarding DWS training and educational assistance and services (available here).
- Applicant is required to be a Wyoming resident for no less than one (1) year immediately preceding application or not less than a total of three (3) years at any time prior to application.
- I am a Wyoming resident and I have been a Wyoming resident since calendar date (date format: MM/DD/YYYY).
- I am a Wyoming resident have been for one (1) full calendar year prior to submitting this application.
- I am currently incarcerated.
- I do not owe a refund under a federal Title IV student financial aid program or a subsequently enacted similar federal student financial aid program, or a student financial aid program administered through the state.
- Where have you previously received the Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship from a Wyoming Community College?
- Please select the Wyoming Community College(s) that you have received this award from.
- Show 1 more