James A Boucher OD MS and Julie M Uhlmann PhD Optometry Scholarship
Funds shall be used to make scholarship grants to students enrolled at the University of Wyoming that meet the following criteria:
- Scholarship candidates must have taken the OAT test (Optometry Admission Test) or equivalent.
- Scholarship candidates must have applied to or have been accepted into any accredited optometry school or college.
The purpose of the endowment is to heighten students’ awareness of the possibility of a career in optometry and to support students that plan to apply to an accredited optometry school or college.
Recipients of scholarships shall be referred to as Boucher Scholars and shall be selected by the Boucher Scholarship Committee. After selection, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will verify the intended recipient’s academic eligibility. The Boucher Scholarship Committee shall consist of three members, appointed by the Dean of the College of Health Sciences, and shall include one optometrist who is recommended by the Wyoming Optometric Association and one pre-optometry advisor. Selection shall be based upon both the grade point average (GPA) and financial need of the applicant(s).
- Varies (no less than $1000)
- College of Health Sciences Dean's Office, Preprofessional Health
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach an unofficial copy of your current transcript.
- Please provide a copy of your resume.
- Upload a brief description (no longer than one-half page) about your future professional plans.
- Copy of your OAT scores
- Copy of your letter granting admission to an accredited optometry school:
- Upload a copy of your OPTOMCAS essay (personal statement).
- Show 1 more