SPPAIS Field Research Award
The SPPAIS Field Research Award provides financial support of up to $2500 for students who seek to undertake domestic or international field research as part of their academic research program. Uses may include, but not be limited to, funds for travel, living expenses and research supplies associated with the proposed field research. Eligible students include undergraduate and graduate International Studies and Political Science majors, as well as graduate MPA students.
- Murdock Family Political Science Fund
- International Studies Excellence
- John Ellbogen International Studies and Research Excellence Fund
- Louis Leichtweis Scholarship International Trust
- Eurasia Research Fund
- Milward L. Simpson Fund for Political Science
- College of Arts and Sciences, School of Politics Public Affairs and International Studies (SPPAIS)
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide the location(s) of your proposed field research.
- Please provide specific dates of your proposed field research.
- Total cost associated with your participation in the proposed field research (in US Dollars):
- Total amount being requested from the Awards Committee (in US Dollars):
- In two pages or less, please provide (in the form of an uploaded PDF or Word document) an overview of your proposed field research This overview should include the location(s) and timeframe of the proposed field research as well as which current or probable faculty research/thesis advisor you are working with on this project. In addition, please provide a detailed description of the research design and methodologies informing your project, including the specific qualitative or quantitative methods of data collection you are planning to employ (as well as any potential risks or ethical concerns associated with your proposed field research and where you currently are in the university’s IRB approval process). Where applicable, your overview should also speak to any previous research experience and/or efforts you have made to prepare for your proposed field research.
- Please provide (in the form of an uploaded PDF or Word document) a detailed and itemized budget of the anticipated costs associated with carrying out your proposed field research. Common costs include airfare, housing, meals and necessary research supplies. Please list any additional personal funds, awards and/or scholarships (with associated dollar values) that you have already received or plan to apply to in addition to this award that can be used to help with the costs of the proposed field research (include total amount).
- You will need to arrange for a letter of recommendation from your faculty research/thesis advisor who is familiar with your proposed field research. Please provide the name and email address for your faculty research/thesis advisor who is willing to write this recommendation letter for you.
- Please upload an updated PDF copy of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Show 3 more