SPPAIS Internship Award
The SPPAIS Internship Award provides financial support of up to $2500 to students seeking to engage in an unpaid domestic or international internship as part of their academic program. Uses may include, but not be limited to, funds for travel or for living expenses associated with the proposed internship opportunity. Eligible students include undergraduate and graduate International Studies and Political Science majors, as well as graduate MPA students.
- Murdock Family Political Science Fund
- International Studies Endowment
- International Studies Internship
- John Ellbogen International Studies and Research Excellence Fund
- Louis Leichtweis Scholarship International Trust
- Eurasia Research Fund
- Milward L. Simpson Fund for Political Science
- Fred Homer Memorial Fund
- College of Arts and Sciences, School of Politics Public Affairs and International Studies (SPPAIS)
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide the location(s) and the name of the agency/organization where you are proposing to intern.
- Please provide the specific dates of your proposed internship.
- Total cost associated with your participation in the proposed internship (in US Dollars):
- Total amount being requested from the Awards Committee (in US Dollars):
- In two pages or less, please provide a description of your planned domestic or international internship (in the form of an uploaded PDF or Word document). This description should include the name of the organization you are proposing to intern with, the proposed timeframe of your internship, and an overview of the anticipated duties and responsibilities and required number of hours per week associated with your proposed internship. In addition, please tell us why you would like to participate in this proposed internship and how it will help to advance your current academic program and/or future career goals.
- In one page or less, please provide (in the form of an uploaded PDF or Word document) a detailed budget of the anticipated costs associated with participation in your proposed internship. Please list any personal funds, additional financial aid, and/or scholarships (with dollar values) that you have received or plan to apply to (in addition to this award) that can be used to help with the costs of the proposed internship (include total amount).
- You will need to arrange for a letter confirming your internship (and your associated responsibilities/duties) from a Site Supervisor at the agency/organization you have applied to intern which. Please provide the contact information of a Site Supervisor at the agency/organization where you are proposing to intern who is willing to write this letter for you. (Name and Email)
- Please provide the contact information of a faculty member who can speak to your academic strengths and the benefits of this proposed internship for your academic program and/or future career plans.
- Please upload an updated PDF copy of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Show 4 more