Creative Writing Excellence Fund-MFA Travel Request Essay
The Creative Writing Program is happy to announce that we have at least $3,500 fund to support MFA student travel. To access these monies, you will need to provide a 1-page proposal by October 3rd. The proposal must include five elements:
1. A description of the travel (locations, expected dates); travel by 2nd year students must be complete before graduation; travel by 1st years students should be completed before August 31st.
2. How this travel will contribute to your development as a creative writer.
3. What product(s) you expect to result from the travel.
4. At least one source outside of the CW program that you will solicit for matching funds (assuming that additional monies are needed).
5. A complete budget for the travel, including transportation, food, housing and other expenses.
Proposals that include these elements and that are received by midnight on November 1st will be equally funded from the pool (e.g., if there are 5 proposals, each will receive $700) up to a maximum of $750/proposal.
Looking forward to seeing the plans for your adventures…