Center for Global Studies - Student International Research Grant
The Center for Global Studies maintains funding to support full-time UW students with advancing international research and engagement (including creative projects in the arts). Grants may be awarded for internationally oriented research that is done in collaboration with UW faculty, conducted outside the U.S., and/or focused on international topics of relevance to the applicantâ€™s studies at UW.
CGS Student International Research Grants (awards up to $2,500) support full-time UW students who are engaged in or pursuing internationally oriented research. Funding is made available by the generous support of numerous donors, Academic Affairs, and the UW Office for Research and Economic Development.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting UW undergraduate or masterâ€™s program and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Only internationally oriented research proposals will be considered.
- Applications must include a proposal narrative of no more than three (3) pages and a detailed, feasible and cost efficient budget, noting any existing funding.
- Applications must be supported by a letter from a faculty member or academic advisor explaining how the proposed project contributes to the advancement of the studentâ€™s research objectives.
- Prior recipients of this grant are not excluded, but previous research grant outcomes will be considered in the evaluation.
- Degree to which the proposed research project contributes to the advancement of the applicantâ€™s studies at UW.
- Overall viability, relevance, and proposed deliverables of the proposed research project (e.g., scholarly publications, international co-authorship, dissertation research, field research and data collection, etc.)
- Cost efficiency and budget justification.
Applications for participation in international conferences, seminars, symposia, and related opportunities will be considered, provided that such engagement is explicitly related to the proposed research project. Enrollment in international internships and undergraduate research programs will also be considered when there is a compelling research statement and purpose provided.
INFORMATION FOR RECIPIENTS
- Grant recipients are required to submit a research summary to CGS within 6 months of receipt of funding.
- Grant funds are disbursed to active UW student accounts only and during the period of the proposed research project activities.
- Any changes to proposed activity due to COVID-19 or other unforeseen circumstances must be approved in advance by CGS.