SPPAIS Study Abroad Award
The SPPAIS Study Abroad Award provides financial support of up to $2500 for students who seek to participate in an international study abroad opportunity as part of their academic program at UW. Uses may include, but not be limited to, funds for travel and living expenses associated with short-term faculty-led study abroad programs as well as more traditional semester-long or year-long study abroad opportunities at international academic institutions. Eligible students include undergraduate and graduate International Studies and Political Science majors, as well as graduate MPA students.
- Murdock Family Political Science Fund
- International Studies Endowment
- Louis Leichtweis Scholarship International Trust
- Eurasia Research Fund
- Milward L. Simpson Fund for Political Science
- Michael J. and Ann R. Horan Endowment for Students
- College of Arts and Sciences, School of Politics Public Affairs and International Studies (SPPAIS)
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide the location(s) of your proposed study abroad as well as the name of the organization or academic institution hosting this opportunity.
- Please provide the specific dates of your proposed study abroad.
- Total cost associated with your participation in the proposed study abroad program (in US Dollars):
- Total amount being requested from the Awards Committee (in US Dollars):
- In two pages or less, please provide an overview of your proposed international study abroad opportunity (in the form of an uploaded PDF or Word document). This description should include the name of the organization or academic institution hosting your study abroad, the location and proposed timeline of your study abroad, and an overview of the what activities you will be participating in during this study abroad opportunity. If taking coursework, please provide a list of prospective courses and how these will help you to progress towards completing your current academic program of study at UW. In addition, please tell us why you would like to participate in this proposed study abroad and how it will help to benefit and advance your current academic program of study and/or future career goals.
- In one page or less, please provide (in the form of an uploaded PDF or Word document) a detailed and itemized budget of the anticipated costs associated with carrying out your proposed study abroad. Common costs include airfare, housing, tuition and books. In addition, please list any additional personal funds, awards and/or scholarships (with associated dollar values) that you have already received or plan to apply to in addition to this award that can be used to help with the costs of the proposed study abroad.
- You will need to arrange for a letter of recommendation from a UW faculty member familiar with your current academic program and your plans for study abroad. Please provide the name and email address for a UW faculty member who is willing to write this recommendation letter for you.
- Please upload an updated PDF copy of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Show 3 more